Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My First Week

Day One (Jan 1)
I spent much of the day sleeping and eating. Grandma Eileen, Uncle Jim, Aunt Anca, cousin Mark, great uncle Paul, and great aunt Vickie visited me in the hospital.

Day Two (Jan 2)
Again, I spent much of the day sleeping and eating. Unfortunately for my parents, I spent much of the night awake and exercised my lungs. My parents' friends Tricia and Ryan (and their 3 sons) visited me in the hospital. Grandma Eileen came for the afternoon and we left the hospital in the evening. Grandma Eileen is staying with us to help my mommy and daddy.

Day Three (Jan 3)
I slept much of the day in my new crib. My great aunt Sharon, great uncle Wayne, cousin Andrew, and cousin-in-law Melody came to visit. I guess I came two weeks early so I could meet Andrew and Melody while they were in town for new year's.

Day Four (Jan 4)
I am still adjusting to "night" and "day" and spent much of the night awake and keeping my mom awake through the night. I had my first pediatrician appointment today and found out that I had lost 12 ounces of weight. My mommy's milk came in this afternoon, so I finally got a chance to eat. And, boy, did I eat for the next 12 hours.

Day Five (Jan 5)
Jim, Anca, and Mark came to visit me today and cooked brunch for my parents. The food was greatly appreciated.

Day Six (Jan 6)
I had my first "real" outing today. We went to church and I stayed awake during the service. I met several people in the congregation after worship. After church we went to Jim's house for lunch. In the evening, my neighbors Flo, Brian, and Desmond came to meet me.

Day Seven (Jan 7)
I am starting to adjust my schedule so I sleep for 3-hour stretches at night, which is greatly appreciated by my parents. Grandma Eileen is doing a great job cooking for my parents, so they remember to eat healthy meals. I went to the hospital today to get my weight checked and I now weigh 6 lbs 5 ounces, so I am gaining weight at a healthy rate. My parents' friend, Kristin, came to meet me in the evening and I woke up just in time for her to hear my voice.

Day Eight (Jan 8)
I slept well again last night, giving my parents some time to sleep. My mom's colleague, Steve, came to meet me in the afternoon. Uncle Jim, Aunt Anca, and cousin Mark came over for dinner. Mom had Thai food and I must really like it, too. I ate 3 times in 3 hours between 9 PM and midnight.


Tammy's post-pregnancy reflections:
- I love to watch Luke's eyes and mouth.
- Singing with some lung capacity sure feels good.
- Sleeping on my stomach feels great.
- No more heartburn :)
- I can cut my toenails again.
- Just like I did not know that I was in labor, I did not know that my milk came in. Everyone says, "You'll know when your milk comes in", but I had no clue. Tom pointed out that Luke's outfit was wet after a feeding and I said I must have gotten my water on him. Well, it turned out that it was milk. I had no idea the milk had come in.

No comments: