Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter Wonderland

For those you keeping track of the news from afar, we are having a winter wonderland in Oregon this Christmas. I guess too many people dreamed of a white Christmas and they got their wish. I know for those Minnesotans out there, you are probably chuckling... how can a little snow shut down a city? Well, it has shut down Portland since Saturday. You see, we have very few plows and most of the roads are on hills here. So, the roads around us are full of about a foot of compacted snow.

I would post pictures of Luke in the snow, but he *hates* the cold. If he seems more agreeable about the snow, I will try to take a few photos. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve already ... my guess is that our church services will be canceled (as they were on Sunday). Merry Christmas to all our friends and family!

2 comments:

R said...

I feel your pain. We got Naomi this sled which you may be able to find and get to work for Luke as well (as the reviews say, there's more than enough room for a blanket in there).

yuki said...

Tammy, I got your letter today, on Christsmas day!
So i jumped to this blog.
well nice to see your mother pics also through here.

well, here furano, with deep deep snow. Dreamed white christmas for manay ppl.

Lets keep in touch ya and Merry Christmas... from japan ;)