Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School

Yes, it's that time of year again. I am back to school, working full-time this fall. I just finished my fourth day of classes and everything seems to be going well. It's great to feel the energy of having students on campus again - I am so blessed to have my job. That means Luke is also going to his own "school" each day at day care. Luke loves watching and "talking" to the other babies and toddlers. We are so fortunate that Luke is easy-going. But he does give his daddy a huge smile when he picks him up at the end of the day.

My mom spent the past few days with us, so she took care of Luke yesterday and brought him to campus. It was such a treat to have lunch with Luke and introduce him to my students.

Luke is getting his fifth tooth now, so he bites anything that fits in his mouth. He has recently learned to love cantaloupe and tolerates yogurt and peas. One of his favorite activities is to squeal as loudly as he can, usually at an ear-piercing pitch. He can also say "da da da da", but we have no idea if he associates the babbling with his daddy. He can move now, too - so leaving him on the floor is no longer safe. He does not crawl, but he can spin around on his tummy and push himself backward.

I need to give "Bacon" a bath now. Yes, that's what I call Luke. I used to always say, "What's shaking, Bacon?" because Luke is a constant squirmer. Now I call him Bacon more often than I say "Luke". Here are a few pictures of him from the past two weeks:


Luke played cards with Sharon


Luke is a happy little guy


Resting with Grandma


Luke plays on the computer with daddy - look at those teeth


M Go Blue!


M Go Blue (again!)


Napping with daddy - the boys slept in last Sunday

No comments: