Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Something to Sink My Teeth Into

That's exactly what Luke looks for every day...something to chew. It slipped my mind to write about Luke's teeth (but, believe me, I am reminded of his teeth each time he eats). Luke has four teeth - two lower and two upper - and wants to bite everything. I will try to capture a tooth-filled grin sometime soon. In the meantime, enjoy these photos from our adventures in August.

We watched the Portland Beavers baseball team with a friend and his daughter. Even though the Beavers lost in extra innings, it was an exciting game with great plays in the field and several home runs. We were all much happier after we moved to seats in the shade.

Tom and I celebrated our eighth anniversary yesterday (time sure flies...). We usually take a long weekend trip to remember our nuptials, so we headed to Eagle Crest Resort in Central Oregon this year. We enjoyed three days of fun and relaxation at a house we rented. It was a great way to say goodbye to summer, since my first day of school this fall is August 25. We played miniature golf (true mini golf on grass with fairways, rough, bunkers, and water). Tom beat me soundly, especially after I took 11 shots to complete the first hole - it took me about 5 attempts to figure out how to putt out of a bunker. We also rented a go-kart bicycle (see below) and toured the resort on wheels - a lot of fun, but no gears made climbing hills very difficult. Luke spent an afternoon in the kiddie pool and we got in a few games of pickleball and basketball.


Look mom, I have your sunglasses!



Look dad, I have your hat!



I just love the swing



Mini golf



Picturesque Central Oregon



Luke enjoys the kiddie pool



Our bicycle tour

No comments: