Thursday, August 7, 2008

A visit from Karen

Our friend, Karen, from college came to visit us and meet little Luke. We had such a great time with her and were sad to see her go. Well, actually, we saw her leave twice... her first plane was delayed so she took another flight back to MN 8 hours later.

We were quite busy during her visit (busy for us, not so busy for her). We visited the science center, had dinner with my brother's family, hit balls at the driving range, hiked to the top of Multnomah Falls, toured a brewery, visited a winery, watched windsurfers in Hood River, went golfing, went to book babies, and visited the zoo (all in 5 days!!). My favorite two activities were golfing and getting a massage. I enjoyed hitting the golf course again, and, much to my surprise, my golf game has not fallen apart. I shot 5-over-par for 9 holes, which is close to my pre-Luke scores. Anyway, we thank Karen for taking the time to visit us from MN.


Luke likes Karen!


Our family at the driving range


Karen plays with Luke and Mark


At Multnomah Falls


At the falls


Karen and Luke


Tammy and Karen


We made it to the top!!


On the way down...


Our family


Luke is so happy!


Karen on the golf course


Luke and Zora at Book Babies


Karen fed Luke avocado

No comments: